Wellington AFL Members Code of Conduct
Applies to all Members of Wellington AFL
I, hereby commit, to the best of my ability, to uphold the Wellington AFL Members Code of Conduct.
In representing myself in an honest manner, and without bringing Wellington AFL or the Game into disrepute, I will endeavour to uphold the following to the best of my ability:
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the context of my involvement with Wellington AFL and will not discriminate based on religion, race, ethnic background or special ability/disability.
- I will respect that many people are involved in sport for their own enjoyment.
- I will applaud good performances and efforts from all individuals and teams & will congratulate all participants on their performance, regardless of the game’s outcome.
- I will respect the facilities and equipment of the Clubs, Wellington AFL, and AFL New Zealand.
- I will refrain from any form of abuse mental, emotional, or physical and will not participate in any unnecessary physical contact with players, umpires, coaches & team officials.
- I will not disclose any confidential information relating to a player without their prior written consent.
- I will always stress safety. Ensuring that equipment, facilities, and trainings meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age, emotional maturity and ability of the player.
- I will display and foster respect for players, umpires, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
- I will advocate a sporting environment free of drugs and other performance-enhancing substances within the guidelines of Drug Free Sport New Zealand and the World Anti-Doping Code.
I agree to the following terms:
- I agree to abide by the Wellington AFL Members Code of Conduct.
- I acknowledge that the Wellington AFL, or anybody affiliated with Wellington AFL, may take disciplinary action against me if I breach the Code of Conduct. I understand that the Wellington AFL, or anybody affiliated with Wellington AFL, is required to implement a complaints handling procedure in accordance with the principles of natural justice, in the event of an allegation against me.
- I acknowledge that disciplinary action against me may include deregistration and suspension.